The PGA HOLDING group wishes to further expand, in France and throughout Europe, its distribution of equipment for public works, performed in PGATP. Hence its decision to open up the PGATP capital to an authorized and specialized partner: the BIA group which has activities in the Benelux and in Africa. This family business shares the PGAHOLDING culture and values.The BIA group acquired 50% of the PGATP company capital that became a joint venture, considering the commitments that were entered into with regard to staff and partners, and at the service of the customers. This way, the PGATP group aims to develop into an indispensable market player when it comes to service.
In creating this partnership, BIA has the following main objectives:
– To achieve growth in terms of machine distribution in Europe, above and beyond its presence in Benelux,
– To increase the growth potential of PGATP and increase market share in the territories it covers,
– To balance its activities between Europe and Africa,
– To develop After-Sales Service activities,
– To build on the synergies between BIA and PGATP: skills, second-hand, rental, key accounts, etc.
– To strengthen its partnership with its suppliers.
The size of the French market is around 24,000 public works machines per year. It is the second-largest European market, after Germany.
About the BIA Group:
BIA is a leader in equipment sales and servicing for mines, public works, recycling, handling and energy production. It supplies a set of optimum solutions to help its customers attain their goals; these include new machine sales, global service contracts, the sale of certified second-hand machines, and short- or long-term rental. The Group is present in Benelux as well as about twenty countries in Central and West Africa, where it is the exclusive distributor of premium brands in its territories. The main brands distributed are: KOMATSU, Metso, Bomag, Cummins, Terex, Yale, Sandvik, Tecnogen, and Hatz. The BIA Group has approximately 1000 employees.