- Wednesday, 24 July 2019: Energy Consulting Day
- Importer and distributor of Himoinsa in Senegal, BIA represents several brands of high-quality equipment: Komatsu, Sandvik, Bomag, etc.
- A modern structure and many technicians who have been trained and certified with respect to the requirements of the mining and construction sector
- A dynamic market with a demand for high-end generators and responsive after-sales service
- On 24 July 2019, Himoinsa and BIA, its importer in Senegal, officially launched their partnership during an event in Dakar for experts in the field. Some 20 parties heavily involved with the Medium and High Horse Power groups (e.g. engineering consultancies) were invited to the event.
Himoinsa generators are currently being distributed in Senegal by BIA. With twelve years of experience in selling generators in Senegal, BIA is expanding its portfolio of quality brands by offering reliable 13 to 3,000 kVA generators suited to hot, dusty conditions, as can be found in Africa.
During Energy Consulting Day, which took place in Dakar on 24 July, several engineering consultancies were invited to attend technical training sessions and to learn about the Himoinsa line.
At the event, Matar Bodian, Western Africa Sales Manager for Himoinsa, remarked: “We are very happy to have BIA as a distributor in Senegal, and we rely on the professionalism of its teams to develop sales quickly. This launch is the culmination of a joint effort between Himoinsa and BIA.”
Himoinsa is a Spanish company that has been part of the Japanese group Yanmar since 2015, specialised in the design, manufacture, and distribution of energy-producing equipment, diesel and gas-fired generators, lighting towers, control panels, and hybrid generators designed for integration into solar energy systems.
The vertically integrated company manufactures its own components for its generators, such as alternators, motors, coverings, and control boxes.
The group offers its customers a wide range of products:
- Open or covered diesel generators ranging from 3 to 3,000 kVA:
- An industrial range from 3 to 650 kVA, with a wide variety of configurations. This range is designed to ensure the best possible performance in any situation, along with a continuous or backup energy supply.
- A heavy-duty range from 670 to 3,000 kVA, which are open with or without a soundproof cover and a large-capacity container version of 20 and 40 feet (HC).
- Gas-fired generators, from 10 to 2,500 kW, which are powered by natural gas, LPG, or biogas, for the international market. Their noise, vibration, and emissions levels are low, and their operating and maintenance costs are lower than those for diesel-fired generators.
- Compact LED lighting towers, which are versatile with great autonomy. With a lighting capacity of up to 1,320,000 lumens, the towers can light a 110,000 m2 surface for 166 hours, equivalent to 17 nights without refuelling.
It has a total of eight factories (Spain, France, India, China, United States, Brazil, and Argentina).
About BIA Group
In business for more than 116 years in the mining and public works sectors in Europe and Africa, the BIA Group has locations in more than 20 African countries. BIA Group has thus become a key partner in the mining and quarries fields, construction, manufacturing, transport, and energy.
To help their customers get the best from their investment, BIA focuses on various pillars:
- Sizing: study, consulting, project management
- Optimisation: financing, new, rental, opportunity
- Protection: service contract, technical contract, and spare parts
- Performance: training, telematics, fleet management
The BIA Group has more than 1,300 employees throughout the world, including more than 1,000 in Africa.
BIA in Senegal
Operating in Senegal since 1998, BIA has a 6,000 m2 structure consisting of a 1,700 m2 workshop with a motor test bench (<2,000 HP), the only one of its kind in Western Africa, a Rebuild Center (more than 400 mining components and 80 rebuilt engines since 2014), a training centre, and spare parts warehouse (manufacturer parts), a showroom, and administrative offices. Rounding this out are mobile teams that travel throughout the country with appropriate tools and can get react very quickly.