(Updated on 11 mai 2021)
This document is written in several languages to facilitate its understanding. In case of discrepancies between the various language versions, the French version takes precedence.
We act as a Data Controller and as such are responsible for the Personal Data we process.
This Policy complements other BIA Privacy Policies that may apply and is not intended to replace, modify or override them.
This website is not intended for minors (persons under the age of 18) and we do not intentionally collect data from minors.
If you have any questions about how we use your Personal Information, you can contact us at
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Rameistraat 123, 3090 Overijse (Belgium)
II. Personal data collected and means used for their collection
Any browsing on the Internet is likely to leave traces. However, you can browse the Website without revealing your identity. The information we routinely collect when you access the Website is detailed below.
When you access the Website, your Internet browser is technically configured to automatically transmit the following data (“log data”) to our web server. We then store this data in the form of log files:
- Date of access
- Access time
- URL of the reference website
- Extracted file
- Volume of data transmitted
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- IP address
- Domain name of your Internet service provider
With the information contained in the cookies, we can simplify navigation and ensure that the Website is displayed correctly.
The data collected in this way will hereinafter be referred to as “Personal Data”.
III. How do we use your Personal Information?
Purposes of processing
We use, process, store and disclose your Personal Data for technical purposes in order to provide you with the content you request, and its collection is an unavoidable aspect of using the Website. The data is analysed to maintain, manage and improve the Website and its underlying functionality.
We will also process your Personal Data for other legitimate business purposes such as producing statistics, analysing the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and the number of visitors to the Website.
IV. Disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties
BIA may, where necessary to process your personal data or as required by law, share your personal data with another company in the BIA Group, including a company based outside the European Union or the European Economic Area (EU/EEA). BIA may also, where necessary for the purposes of processing your personal data, share your personal data with third party companies and suppliers, including companies and suppliers based outside the EU/EEA.
We work with various service providers to provide the Website to you. BIA will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to provide adequate levels of protection for your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Links to other websites
V. Security of your Personal Data
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or obtained in an unauthorised manner, altered or disclosed. In addition, we restrict access to your Personal Information to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a need to do so in the course of our business.
We have procedures in place to deal with a possible breach of your Personal Data and will inform you and the relevant protection authorities in the event of a data breach in accordance with the legal requirements.
VI. How long we keep your Personal Data
BIA will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
VII. Your rights
As the owner of the Personal Data, you have the following rights:
- Request access to your Personal Data at any time. This allows you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request a change or update to the Personal Data we hold about This allows you to amend any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide.
- Request deletion/deletion/removal of your Personal Data. This allows you to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where we have no valid reason to continue processing You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data when you exercise your right to object to processing, in the event that we have processed your data unlawfully or in the event that we are required to delete your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws. Please note that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons, which we will notify you of at the time of your request.
- You object to the processing of your Personal Data where we rely on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and the particularity of your situation allows you to object to processing on this ground as it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we can demonstrate that we have legitimate and compelling reasons for processing your data which may result in limiting your rights and freedoms.
- Request a restriction on the processing of your Personal Data. This allows you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following cases: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want it deleted; (c) where you want us to retain the data even if we no longer need it in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims (d) you have objected to our use of the data but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds for processing
- Data Portability/Request for Transfer of your Personal Data to you or a third party. We will assist you with the transfer to the third party either by transferring your Personal Data to you or by providing you with a copy in a machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information for which you have initially given us your consent to use.
- Withdraw your consent at any time where we need to obtain your consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out prior to the withdrawal of your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may no longer be able to provide you with certain services. We will notify you if this is the case at the time of withdrawal of your consent.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Additional Information, Response Times and Fees
We may need additional information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right of access to your Personal Information (or to exercise your other rights or if you make an informal request). This is a security measure to ensure that your Personal Information is not disclosed to anyone other than the person entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to request additional information relating to your request to help us identify your data and speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. It may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have multiple requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you informed.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise your rights. However, we may charge you a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In the latter case, we may also refuse to comply with your request.
VIII. Legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data
BIA will process your personal data on the legal basis of legitimate interest, or where applicable consent. BIA’s legitimate interests include managing the Website in accordance with fair business practices and maintaining the availability and functionality of the Website, managing its customer base, monitoring its marketing campaigns and managing its brand image.
You have the right to complain at any time to a national supervisory authority about data protection issues. Before contacting the supervisory authority, we are happy to discuss any concerns you may have. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we make any changes, we will post any updates on our website for your information and notify you of the changes for 30 days on the home page.